What is TM-database?
TM-database is a free computer-assisted translation (CAT) tool. It originally developed by Sasha_p in 2007, and currently maintains by Translator team in ASUS.
TM-database is intended for professional translators. Its features include customisable segmentation using regular expressions, translation memory with fuzzy matching and match propagation, glossary matching, dictionary matching, translation memory and reference material searching, and inline spell-checking using Hunspell spelling dictionaries.
Why TM-database is green CAT tool?
TM-database is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, TM-database is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
How TM-database works
For every translation job, TM-database creates a Project file which contain all pairs. The project file can export to Excel file and send it for auditing, and then import the received file to a Project for apply changes.
During the translation, TM-database automatically checks previous translations for similar sentences, which are displayed in bottom. The translator can insert fuzzy matches into the edit pane using a keyboard shortcut. TM-database also can find a segment in online glossaries and dictionaries. User also can translate sentence via Google by pressing the hotkey.
When the translation is finished, TM-database creates translated versions of the files in same folder and add suffix to filename. Translator can add translations in current or in new translation memory file.
- Windows 2000 / 2003 / XP / Vista / 7 /8
- Pentium /AMD processor
- RAM 512 MB
- Screen resolution at less 1024x768
- Spell check
- Auto suggestions
- Pretranslation with translation memory
- Machine translation with online translator
- Search wording in Online dictionary
- Search wording in Online Terminology database
- Search wording in Online Translation Memory
- Tracking sentences in PDF files
- Project management
- Russian orthographic dictionary
Translate formats support
Import formats support
Export formats support
Microsoft Office Excel .xml, .xls, .xlsx, .xlsm, .txt Translation Memory Files .tmf Translation Memory eXchange .tmx XLIFF .xlf Android XML .xml Adobe PDF .pdf* ApkEditor dictionary .xml
TM Team - Name (Role, Focus)
- Yehongmei (developer, Android)
- Sasha (developer, Windows)
- Winston Zhang (consultant, UTF/Linux)
- Yap Chun Wei (consultant, MS Office)
- C.C. Tsai (consultant, Network)
- Jeff Glatt (consultant, Web/HTML)
- Kanat Kulzhanov (tester, kazakh)
- Robert Kroupa (tester, czech)
- Matrix44 (tester, slovak)